Composing Music for Film
Jack Smalley has combined his over forty years of experience arranging, composing and orchestrating for film and teaching into one crystal clear book – Composing Music for Film.
With his years of experience and his modern, up to date teaching methods he’s consolidated the information he’s given to thousands of students into a one stop shop for getting a head start with the reality of film composition – in fact, all composition.
Reading this book is like taking private lessons for a year with Jack Smalley.
With over 125 examples, the chapters cover:
• Section One: The Elements
• Section Two: Composing a Theme
• Section Three: Writing a Cue
• Section Four: Consonance/Dissonance
• Section Five: The 20th Century